Hammerquist Studios (a team within Cole & Weber) is a strategic branding, design, content and digital studio specializing in outdoor industry clients. We are a growing team of innovative, passionate problem solvers whose goal is to provide each client with effective marketing tools, digital environments and reliable working relationships. Our current client list includes outdoor, active brands such as Hydro Flask, SCARPA, Osprey, Sage, Kirkwood, SRAM, Timberline, Fisheries Supply, Kokatat, Kirkwood and Heavenly Mountain Resort.
As a key part of our outdoor-focused team, the Digital Brand Director drives the innovative uses of technology that bring ideas to life and drive e-commerce sales, brand storytelling and content marketing for our clients. The person who fills this role should be a adept in digital marketing and e-commerce strategies for both advertising and website design. The digital brand director is always curious, proactive and a student of all things digital. The ideal person will be consumer-minded and able to build strong client relationships and balance setting vision and strategy with overseeing successful project management and delivery.
This role supervises a team of project managers and leads digital projects to a successful, timely execution against the company’s vision and our client’s goals. As part of the outdoor team, this role will build direct relationships with both existing and potential clients.
Day-to-day, this position is responsible for helping outdoor clients identify goals, needs, opportunities and challenges. The digital strategist then collaborates with the shop development team, project managers/producers and creative director to develop proposals, project plans and solutions that align the right people resources with the digital tools, channels and tactics to meet the client’s needs. The ideal person will understand from a high-level the role of development, UX, e-commerce and marketing/advertising content creation in achieving client objectives. This position has overall responsibility for recruiting, talent development, and budget management for their team.
Passion for the outdoors drives our tightly-knit crew and the ideal candidate will also share a deep appreciation for wild spaces and mountain environments. An active participant in a wide range of outdoor sports—including but not limited to skiing, biking, backpacking, climbing, camping and fly fishing—the ideal digital brand director is immersed in the cultures and communities within these worlds as well as an expert on the brand, product and gear trends from within these industries.
- Build strong client relationships and turn client needs into scope of work proposals
- Create digital marketing strategies that help drive client business.
- Understand how to integrate websites, emails, social media, blogs, applications, SEO, and ecommerce practices.
- Work with developer team to spec the right technology for each client need
- Effectively oversee projects from estimating and scoping through to delivery.
- Research competitive marketplace and analysis of competitive trends
- Stay abreast of emerging digital best practices
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions for optimization
- Collaborate with project management, creative, technology and production teams
- Evaluate existing client strategies and content to determine effectiveness of assets
- Stay current on product and brand trends within the outdoor industries
- Collaborate on maintaining shop culture, motivation and industry reputation
As a manager, you are responsible for the career development and performance management of your team including but not limited to:
- Hiring positions, providing equal opportunity and the on-going setting of expectations and professional development
- Provide best-in-class talent management practices including annual reviews, training, ongoing performance management, and goal setting
- Assuring your team follows the shop’s standard operating procedures, and that best practices are established for work flow and quality
- Being the advocate for your team
- Personally, set a standard for others to emulate when it comes to living our values, vision and mission
- Represent the viewpoints of agency management in such a way as to enhance motivation
- Find tools, experiences and ways of inspiring the outdoor team
- Participating in the outdoor team’s most critical decision-making deliberations related to new business, work-flow, client relationships etc.
- Where appropriate, take responsibility for helping others to be successful
- Look for opportunities to teach as you lead
- 8+ years proven work experience in brand and digital management
- Experience with analytics tools
- Practical understanding of best practices in web design, content and ecommerce
- Experience and credibility with outdoor lifestyle brands
- Successful past experience driving digital and ecommerce efforts in the outdoor space
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Entrepreneurial & managerial mindset; understands how a p&l works, understands how to evaluate the capabilities of his/her team and can help manage the workload based on capabilities
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com