Hammerquist Studios is a strategic branding, design, content and interactive firm specializing in outdoor industry clients. We are a rapidly growing team of innovative, passionate problem solvers whose goal is to provide each client with effective marketing tools and a reliable working relationship. Our current client list includes outdoor, active brands such as Hydro Flask, SCARPA, Osprey, Sage, Kirkwood, SRAM, Timberline and Heavenly Mountain Resort.
We have a fun, energetic and collaborative culture, and we are seeking a talented senior designer with a strong digital portfolio who is passionate about design, and the changing landscape of brand marketing. This opportunity is for someone who has experience with both conceptual thinking and creating visuals for a wide range of interactive and traditional media. This unicorn who fills this role needs to be able to think strategically, and work collaboratively with our team. A keen attention to detail and production know-how is a must. UX experience and an interest in visual storytelling a plus.
Project mix includes print and digital ads, website builds, creative campaign concepts, email programs, product launches and various digital collateral. Building entire seasonal or product campaigns, dabbling in social media content and overseeing studio and/or in-the-field photo shoots are not outside the realm of normal project possibilities. Art direction of video edits is also part of the worklist as is working with freelance resources to provide project/design direction. In addition to design workload, designer will be responsible for occasional production work for the shop as well.
Mandatory Skill Set:
- 3-5 years experience in brand design/art direction, preferably with agency or outdoor brand experience
- Experience working directly from a creative brief and owning a project from start to finish
- Must be able to think conceptually and strategically as well as work with account, project management and production teams
- Take direction from Creative Director and input from other team members; Openness to evolving ideas
- Ability to adhere to project timelines and scope; Unflappable nature, even in a storm; Highly organized in practice
- Must be proficient in Adobe CC, and have working knowledge of MS Office for Mac. Sketch knowledge a plus.
- Detailed knowledge of both web and print typography
- Produce files for all projects with attention to detail and file quality—and know best practices for digital file output for web
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong portfolio, preferably with emphasis on digital media
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally with non-outdoor professionals
- Excitement for taking ownership for and evolving the look and feel of a brand
- Strong passion for outdoor, active sports such as hiking, climbing, skiing, paddling and/or biking
- Video editing skills; Photo editing skills
- Experience with direct client communications and presentation
- Basic knowledge of front end web development
- Basic skills with wireframe design and UX
- Conceptual thinking problem solving experience
- Basic understanding of workplace politics and general sense of optimism a plus
- Strong working knowledge of photography, typesetting, illustration and production
- Resume with cover letter, including a paragraph about your outdoor active interests (and a gram-worthy of you recreating)
- Link to portfolio, or PDF containing work samples with descriptions of your role on each project
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org